Humpback Whale Swim on a Powerboat – August, September and October.
Ningaloo Discovery is excited to announce that we’ve been selected by the Department of Parks and Wildlife to operate in the first ever in water Humpback Whale Swim Tours conducted from the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Marine Park, from Exmouth. This is the first time this exciting opportunity will be trialled in Western Australia with only a handful of other locations around the world commercially licenced to offer this amazing experience. The Ningaloo Marine Park is recognised as one of the major migratory routes for these magnificent creatures on their annual journey from Antarctica to the Kimberley region with an estimated 30,000 passing by and resting in the sheltered waters in 2016.
Ningaloo Discovery offers guests a Humpback Whale experience on-board a very stable, spacious 60ft luxury powerboat, which provides a 360-degree viewing platform and the opportunity to lounge and relax on the comfortable day bed, flybridge couches and various seating spots while soaking up and enjoying the beauty of the Ningaloo Marine Park and all the amazing wildlife we may encounter. With the use of our very own spotter plane, our pilot will direct us to pods of whales and any other marine life spotted from above.
Swimming with a Humpback Whale in their natural environment is an extraordinary life changing experience, one not to be taken for granted, and as such is conducted with the utmost respect to the whales. Each day presents a unique experience, and some whales are more interactive than others. Humpback Whales are very inquisitive creatures and it is quite possible they will seek interaction with humans and swim close to us. Ningaloo Discovery will do absolutely everything possible to have guests swimming in the water with a Humpback Whale!
The crew of Ningaloo Discovery are very experience in reading the whales behaviour and interaction viability. Your small group of 7 and your guide will slide into the water and aim to swim with a majestic Humpback Whale, this is truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Guests who book on as “Observers” are welcome to participate in all itinerary activities except for entering the water with a Humpback Whale.
You will experience warm friendly staff, fun activities, delicious food and memories to last a lifetime from the minute we pick you up to the moment we say goodbye. Our priority is making your day the best we possibly can!
Please note, to participate in swimming with the humpback whales, you need to be a strong and confident swimmer in the open ocean
- Full day tour, 7:45am – 4pm
- Complimentary bus transfers from your accommodation in Exmouth to the boat ramp and return. Flying in to Learmonth on the early flight? No problem, for an extra fee we can pick you up form the airport and take you directly to the boat. You could be swimming with a Humpback Whale the same day!
- Experienced, professional award winning crew on board and supporting you in the water as much as you need. Interesting informative spiels about the area and the marine life will keep you entertained too.
- Spotter aircraft to ensure best possible opportunity of sighting and swimming with Humpback Whales
- Maximum of 7 swimmers in each group
- In water experience with the Humpback Whales and close up views for Observers
- Snorkelling on the Ningaloo Reef
- Quality snorkel equipment including mask, snorkel, fins of all sizes
- Wetsuits of all sizes
- Flotation aids and life jackets available on board if required
- Marine specialists onboard to answer all your questions and guide you
- Stand up paddle boards and kayaks for use in afternoon snorkel (weather and time permitting)
- Yummy Morning Tea, Buffet Lunch and Afternoon Tea provided, we can cater to dietary needs
- Sunscreen, water, dry area for your belongings and shade on board
- All government fees and charges included in the price (2% transaction fee applies to credit card payments)
- Complimentary Professional Photography Package of the day. Thats right, ALL THE PHOTOS FOR FREE!
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
We provide so much that all we recommend you bring is the following:
- Your excitement and positivity!
- Warm clothes for after snorkelling
- Sea sickness medication if you feel like you may need it